Thursday, August 21, 2008

Art Quilt Workbook Chapter 3

Chapter 3 through me off a bit because there ar 3 quilts assigned and none pertain to my chosen theme. I decided to follow the directions (specifically) for the pear design. I thought the technique was effective but interfered with my creativity. If I were to use it again I would cut the shapes free hand.

The same week I was studying Chapter three, I read about twin sisters that collaborate to create textile art they call "paintings". http://tinyurl.com/6pxafu

Co-incidentally, they utilize a similar method and guess what? They were using pears as the subject and were using a similar technique cutting out the fabric free hand.

Affirmation is wonderful!

I am looking forward to Chapter 4 as the topic is Abstract. Now I can get back to my theme of water.

No comments: