Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Mini designs from within

I have discovered mini designs within a large design.
This quilt titled: Flower Market, size: 26"h x 28"w, is a good example of this. The end result of the design could be better. I like it howerver; it did not receive good reviews.

I discovered what I like most is the mini designs within the complete design.
Each measure about 3" x 4".

The thought of breaking it into sections is tempting. I am not ready to cut into it just yet.
I would love to hear comments; what do you think?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is hard to get a true feel of the overall piece from the picture. I do really like your little insets though and love the colors.

Sunnie said...

Debbie,
Your blog is beautiful...
What a great idea to look for the small designs within the larger work!
It's interesting to think how this applies to the concept of knowing when to stop with one's artwork (usually 3 steps beyond where we "should" have!)
Sunnie

grace said...

I say go for it! Sounds like you would be more satified with the smaller pieces.
I once took a workshop form Laura Cater Woods and she says it's scary at first but it's so stress relieving from the worry about cutting into the piece in the first place.
GO FOR IT!!! ...and be okay with your decision.